Monday, July 21, 2008

Site Announcements

Today we had site announcements, which means they told us our permanent sites for the next two years. The training staff drew a huge map of Mauritania in the sand and then called out our names one by one, and then we went and stood in our part of the map. So my home for the next two years will be.....Kankossa! Which probably means nothing to most readers of this blog, but is exciting none the less.

I don't know that much about it, but I am going there tomorrow to visit for a week. I do know that it is about 9000 people, they speak French, Hassaniya, and Puular, and it is by a lake. Earlier in training I talked to another EE volunteer who is just finishing her service there, and it sounds like she accomplished a lot, so I hope that I will be able to do the same!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

do you have a new address for your permanent site placement, or should i go with the one on your facebook? you should be expecting mail from me which should arrive, well... hopefully before your service is up. :) i have no idea how long it will take... do they give you estimates on mail or anything?