Monday, August 24, 2009

First post from Mali

So now I have been in Mali for about 4 days. I arrived here Thursday morning and started learning Bambara Thursday afternoon, so needless to say it has been overwhelming the past few days. Mali is nice though-it is very green here right now and definitely more liberal than Mauritania. The trainees here are cool too, although comments like "I am going to have to sleep for a whole month on a cot until my bed is ready!" and "They are out of crepes!" makes it hard to respect them 100%. Haha. Overall, however, I think Mali will be a good place to spend a year.

2 comments:

Palestinian cub said...

Sad that Peace Corps had to leave Mauritania :( good luck in Mali.

Unknown said...

Hey Jessica,
Do you know your address yet. They get beds? Seriously?
Ava