Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Some Mali pictures

My whirlwind training in Mali is almost over-the swear-in is tomorrow and then we all leave for site on Saturday. It has been an interesting past few weeks but I will be happy to be done with this stage. It has been weird being so new to Mali but having a year of Peace Corps experience already finished-it is like I am neither here nor there. Unfortunately there is very little internet in the region I am going to, but I hope to be able to continue updating this at least once a month, so stay tuned! I did about 10 days of homestay-this is a picture of me, the other trainees, and our language teachers.

This is a hike we went on during a field trip to learn about shea butter.

2 comments:

www.Gatto999.it said...

Ciao from Italy
=^.^=

Unknown said...

Jessica, Mali looks beautiful. I can't believe the rocks and they hike? It's unheard of. Remember how mike kept talking about his hike? It's too bad that didn't happen...Good luck at site! I can't wait to hear all about it.
Ava